Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Tavis Smiley

One alternative voice that can still be found on the public airwaves is that of Tavis Smiley, who has begun the second season of his PBS talk show with a guest list that includes "John Travolta, Don Cheadle and Kevin Bacon, documentary filmmaker Ken Burns and writer Christopher Hitchens." I miss Smiley's NPR show, which he quit in December because of differences with NPR over the show's promotion. I'll probably miss most of his PBS shows as well, as local PBS station WXXI is airing them weeknight mornings at 12:30 a.m. If I can't force myself to stay up to watch fellow Scot Craig Ferguson's "Late late Show" I don't think I'll make it for Smiley. Maybe I can tape it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if this helps, but the show is on WNED daily at 11:30pm.

If you get Time Warner I think they carry both WXXI and WNED.

1/11/2005 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home