Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Tom Tykwer's getting into perfume!

German director Tom Tykwer, best known for his adrenaline-driven film "Run Lola Run" ("Lola rennt" in German), is set to direct an adaptation of Perfume, from the Patrick Suskind novel "about a perfumier who resorts to murder in his quest to create the ultimate fragrance" (see The Guardian film news). Could be interesting. I only mention this because a.) I loved "Run Lola Run" and b.) Tykwer is one of the few directors I've seen in person. Back in June 2001 he was in Seattle with Franka Potente for the SIFF (Seattle International Film Festival) premiere of his follow-up to "Lola," "The Princess and the Warrior" (aka "Der Krieger und die Kaiserin"). Tykwer was a bit of a crowd favorite in movie-mad Seattle. I was in the audience, and although I didn't get to ask a question during the Q&A, I enjoyed the experience all the same. Both Tykwer and Potente were reassuringly German, it should be noted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home